Confused about serums? Curious as to why they’re loved by beauty obsessives from across the world? There are loads of reasons why they should be a compulsory part of your daily routine.
If you have dull, dry, ageing or acne-prone skin, serums should be an essential part of your skincare routine. Here are some of the main reasons you need to have serum in your routine.
- They contain concentrated key ingredients, which is probably why they’re often the dearest part of a skincare routine. But when you realise that they’re how you can take your skin from good to great, they’re definitely worth investing in.
- They’re a water-based product, and pretty thin too. Serums are often an overlooked step when it comes to maintaining a skincare routine because most people think of serums as oily thick substances, but that’s not the case.
- Serums have smaller molecules which absorb into the skin faster and deeper than a moisturiser. But that doesn’t mean you should cancel out moisturising in your routine, either.
- Moisturisers are usually a lot thicker than serums – but not in a bad way. You won’t feel like your face is a lot heavier when you reach the end of your routine. Serums help skin retain moisture whilst your face cream will create a barrier on top of the skin to help keep all of the goodness in.
- You should apply a serum after cleansing and before moisturising. That way, all of it’s active ingredients deeply penetrate into the skin. They’re also a great tool for targeting specific skincare concerns, such as wrinkles, dry or dull skin.
Packed with anti-ageing and rejuvenating properties, skin will instantly feel softer and smoother. What’s more? It enhances the effects of your day and night time creams. If you would like to supercharge your skincare regime, try our Revitalizing Serum.