Why We Love Turmeric
At Frezyderm, we’ve been spicing up our products with turmeric extract for years. That’s right – we put it in our products!
And if you haven’t already experienced the anti-ageing power of turmeric, we’re sure you’re going to love it.
Although you might be more familiar with it in your curry, turmeric and its extracts have long-lasting and life-changing benefits that can be felt in a matter of weeks. Why? Because this little yellow spice has more antioxidants than any other food.
Health benefits of turmeric
Turmeric is used to aid many common problems, including: arthritis, heartburn, joint and stomach pain, bronchitis, Crohn’s disease and diarrhea, amongst others.
Not only does turmeric help relieve internal issues, it’s also great for curing skin problems. Here are seven amazing reasons why you should add turmeric to your daily routine:
- It is a strong antioxidant and an excellent exfoliating agent, turmeric helps fight off the signs of ageing and improves skin’s elasticity
- It controls oily skin by regulating the production of sebum – the oily substance produced by sebaceous glands.
- It lightens stretch marks
- Due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, turmeric also helps to keep acne, pimples and breakouts away
- Acting as a healing agent, turmeric can be used as a cleansing exfoliator to remove dead skin cells, giving you that blemish-free glow
- It can be used to treat dry and chapped lips
- As it is a natural antiseptic, turmeric can provide quick relief and soothing action for burns
So it’s no wonder we chose to use turmeric extract in our Anti-Ageing Body Cream! Its turmeric extract has 5 times more anti-oxidant protection than vitamin E and it has an instant smoothing effect on skin.