The chamomile plant has been used since ancient times for its anti-inflammatory properties, and has long been used in teas, salves, vapors, washes, and compresses. Known for its calming effects on the skin, it is the perfect ingredient for sensitive, irritated or inflamed skin.
That’s why we use chamomile across our range of baby products. Chamomile is the star ingredient of our Baby Line, soothing, healing and smelling divine. We also use it in our sensitive skin Atorpel Line.
Here are five amazing effects of chamomile.
- Chamomile is of the few herbs that has proven results in clinical trials for skincare.
a. Bisabolol is a chemical compound found within chamomile. It promotes tissue regeneration, so it’s perfect for healing damaged or sore skin.
b. Chamomile’s active ingredients inhibit some of the body’s inflammatory chemicals, reducing inflammation of the skin.
- The same study found that chamomile is effective at treating eczema. It is 60% as effective as hydrocortisone cream, but it a totally natural ingredient.
- Chamomile has great anti-irritant and antiphlogistic effects – meaning it’s the perfect addition to our Baby Shampoo.
- Chamomile is a natural antiseptic, protecting the skin from infection. This means it is great for skin whose protective barrier is damaged, such as with those suffering from eczema or chronic dryness.
- Aside to the wealth of health benefits chamomile has, it also makes a delicious tea! When drank, chamomile tea can help with stomach cramping, insomnia and headaches, soothing from the inside out.
Try our Baby Cream to use the power of chamomile to protect against nappy rash!