At FREZYDERM we have always championed the natural ingredients in our products. One of our hero ingredients is almond oil. Almonds are fantastically nutritious, containing large amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, proteins, zinc, and several other vitamins and minerals.
Almond oil, which is extracted from raw almonds, can also have an amazing impact on your skin and hair. Its light texture means it is easily absorbed and gentle enough to treat skin conditions and irritations. Here are eight amazing benefits of almond oil:
- It gives smooth, blemish free skin: enriched with vitamins A, E and B almond oil clears the complexion and makes skin glow. Its light texture seals moisture into the skin, leaving it super soft.
- It’s perfect for removing impurities: the hydrating properties of almond oil loosen the impurities caused by exposure to pollutants and daily grime and loosens dead skin, making cleansing and exfoliation more effective.
- It reduces dark circles: the vitamin E in almond oil will rejuvenate the skin under the eyes and, in time, lighten dark circles and reduce the lines around the eyes.
- It soothes sunburn: too much sun exposure can inflame the skin and cause redness and peeling.
- It soothes eczema: almond oil’s gentle and hypoallergenic properties mean it can deeply hydrate itchy and uncomfortable eczema prone skin without causing further irritation.
- It delays signs of ageing: as you age the collagen layer under your skin becomes uneven, resulting in lines and wrinkles. Although this is a natural process, products using almond oil may slow it down. Almond oil contains vitamin E, a powerful anti-oxidant that can help repair some of the damage to the collagen network.
- It nourishes and protects hair: almond oil is rich in vitamin B-7, or biotin, which helps hair become healthy and strong. It also contains natural sun protectants, which help protect your hair from damage. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties will gently soothe an itchy and inflamed scalp. The FREZYDERM Hair Balance Shampoo, with almond oil, has been formulated to remove debris and protect against pollution, oxidative stress and UV radiation.
- It soothes colic: almond oil is mild and hypoallergenic, meaning it can be used on the delicate skin of infants. It has been included in our Colic Relief Massage Gel to provide a faster relief when combined with gentle massage.
It’s no wonder why we use almond oil in our products. See the full range of products that contain them here.