You know the season’s changing when you start craving ice cream instead of chocolate.
We can hardly imagine someone, not wanting to enjoy some refreshing ice cream.
Unless of course you have sensitive teeth or get the occasional brain freeze.
For the later, we have some techniques to help with alleviating the symptoms:
- Slow down and allow your palate to get warm.
- Fold your tongue over, to warm your palate with the bottom of your tongue.
- Blow on your hands as if trying to make them warm. The warm air will warm up the palate.
For the former, all you can do is provide extra protection to your teeth; since ice cream is a trigger food for your sensitive enamel, you can arm yourself with a toothpaste and a mouthwash that relieve dental sensitivity.
And now that we fixed the most common problems with eating ice-cream, we’re giving you our favorite ice cream recipe.
Afterall, only a handful of things can compare to the satisfaction of eating fresh, homemade ice cream.
Our hassle-free recipe for Oreo ice cream:
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 23×13 cm cake tin with baking paper. Roughly chop Oreo cookies a
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until mixture turns thick and creamy.
- Add chopped Oreos and mix well.
- Pour the cookies into prepared tin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6-8 hours.